Synopsis: They escaped. Thanks to Jeb, who was one of them. They did not know who their parents were, how they came to be, or even when their birthday. They are not like normal children. They have huge wings on their back and some of them have developed powers. The School, the place they were imprisoned for most of their lives, is still looking for them. They were living hidden until one day they get paid a visit. The youngest gets taken away. This is the start of a long journey to keep everyone safe and together.
Read Via: Paperback Book (library)
My Thoughts: This book seems to be aimed toward a younger audience, however I still enjoy it. I like each of the main characters. I have a thing for super powers. This is the first book I have read from James Patterson, so it took a while to get used to the very short chapters. The plot is interesting. It is being told from the leader of the group, Maximum. I enjoy hearing about what are going on with the other characters though.
Read January 9, 21013 – January 16, 2013
- School’s Out — Forever by James Patterson (Maximum Ride #2)
- Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson (Maximum Ride #3)
- The Final Warning by James Patterson (Maximum Ride #4)
- Max by James Patterson (Maximum Ride #5)
- Fang by James Patterson (Maximum Ride #6)
- Angel by James Patterson (Maximum Ride #7)
- Nevermore by James Patterson (Maximum Ride #8)